Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple
An exceptional quadruple amber.
Gulden Draak 9000 QUADRUPLE
The unsurpassed Gulden Draak Classic as a dark triple of 10.5% alcohol received a strong addition to it after 25 years of ever-growing success, the Draak Classic 9000 Quadruple.
The particularly rich and complex taste palette and the full head are also found in the Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple. The sweet notes of caramel are, however, reserved for the Gulden Draak Classic.
The new recipe based on 4 different malt varieties gives the Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple a deep golden amber color and a slightly fruity aroma. Together with the soft and slightly sweet taste, this provides a beautifully rounded bouquet with notes of dried fruit.
Just like the other specialty beers from Brewery Van Steenberge, Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple is a high fermentation beer with secondary fermentation. For the secondary fermentation use is made of a wine yeast that not only contributes to the unparalleled taste but also ensures a long-term shelf life with taste evolution.
- Color: amber / blonde
- Alcohol volume: 10.5% - 23 ° Plato
- Aroma: Fruity aroma with slightly sweet taste
- Taste: Soft and slightly sweet taste
- Finish: Soft bitter with hints of dried fruit
- Ideal serving temperature: between 8 ° and 12 ° Celsius
- Packaging: 33 cl, 75 cl, 1.5l, 3l bottles and 20l, 30l kegs
The Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple is inseparable linked to the Ghent booth: black and white are the official city colors, 9000 is the postcode of the city and the very first Gulden Draak 9000 quadruple was donated in the Belfry of Ghent!
A DRAGON EGG
The power of the Gulden Draak (Gilded Dragon in English) shines most brightly when served in its own unique glass, a mysterious dragon egg resting on the strength of a boulder. A small dragon has been lasered onto the bottom of each glass; this etching keeps the fine head of foam from dissipating too quickly.
- 2020 - USA Beer Ratings, Strong Belgian Ale - Silver
- 2019 - New York International Beer Competition - Silver
- 2019 - European Beer Challenge London - Gold
- 2019 - World Beer Challenge - Gold
- 2016 - Hong Kong International Beer Awards - Belgian Strong - Gold
- 2015 - World Beer Awards - Belgian’s Best Barley Wine - Gold
- 2014 - World Beer Challenge - Strong Ale - Bruin - Gold
- 2013 - Okanagan Fest-of-Ale - Gold
- 2013 - World Beer Challenge - Strong Ale Bruin Quadro - Silver